3D2N Mt Kinabalu Trek
Mount Kinabalu is located in Sabah, Malaysia, which is one of the highest mountain in South-East Asia. The highest peak of Mount Kinabalu is 4,096 meters above sea level. Some say that it is one of the easiest mountain to climb, but don’t underestimate the challenges that you’ll face on the summit trail. We highly recommend you to book 3 to 5 months prior to your climb of Mount Kinabalu.
Departure : Daily
Day 1 - Kota Kinabalu/Nabalu Market/Poring (D)
0730 hours - Depart early morning and journey from hotel on leisurely drive, stopping at Nabalu, to meander at the local fruit and vegetable stall and perhaps shop for handicraft. Drive on then to the Kinabalu National Park, some 1500m above sea level on the slop of impressive Mount Kinabalu. It showcase lowland, montane, and alpine vegetation on a scale unrivalled elsewhere in the world.
Day 2 - Poring/Park HQ/Timp. Gate/Ascend Mount Kinabalu/Laban Rata(B/L/D)
Breakfast at Rainforest Restaurant, Poring. Proceed to the Park HQ to register the climb, meet your assigned mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG. Remember to wear your ID TAG at all time. You'll then be transferred to starting point - Timpohon Gate - where your journey and quest to the summit of Borned's highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours. The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetation. Arrive and check into the one of the assorted Laban Rata accommodation @ 3272 m (non-heated dormitory beds) in the late afternoon. Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight.
Day 3 - Low's Peak/Decend Mount Kinabalu/Kota Kinabalu (Supper/B/L)
0200 hours - Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu. The journey up to the Low's peak @ 4095m will test ypur fitness and determination. Depending on the speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if the weather permits.
0700 hours - Decend back to Laban Rata for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate and transfer back to the Kinabalu Park HQ. Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement!
Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park. Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx 2 hours.
Price from RM1,990.00 per person (Minimum 2 persons).
* Offer valid till 31 March 2019.
- Meals as stated, 02 Nights' Accommodation, Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ - Timpohon Gate - Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificate
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Packed Lunch, 2 Dinner
- Dorms Bed
- Tourism Tax, Optional Tipping and Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned.
Things You Wish To Bring
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper/ Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent/mosquito coil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Plastic bags
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/long sleeves shirt/hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5-1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM 10 per piece prior climb.
- There are many trails in the park itself, if you wish to do more jungle walk, please get advise from the park ranger.